Emotions run wild; get a grip

Yesterday was one emotional day. I am so glad it is over. It was one of those days where you wake up already on the brink of losing it and as things progress, eventually something happens and the dam breaks. That something doesn't have to be big; a little something will work!

I love it when friends remind you of things you already know, but you just needed to hear it. Of course, it can also be very convicting. A question was posed to me that I had not considered before. It was like a wake up. I had to look at myself and confess what I wanted was not what I should be wanting.

That question: Do you want a relationship with ___ more than a relationship with God?

And then I was hit with another question: Are you more concerned about ___ relationship with God than your relationship with ___?

Thought-provoking doesn't even come close. Heart-searching is more like it. I am trying to keep my mind focused on God's best and His timing. But there are those times where meltdowns occur. I have to keep my eyes on Him and not on the situation. That's when I loose it. My strength is so weak, but I know His is so powerful.

I have been reminded lately that there is no pit that His love is not deeper still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!