Another Trait from our Sinful Nature

We are all born selfish beings. Babies don't really know they are being selfish. To get what they want, all they know how to do is cry. They are born that way. As they grow older, parents have the daunting task of teaching their little ones to share and not to be selfish. This can be quite challenging, to say the least. As toddlers and preschoolers they are so adorable, everyone makes them believe they are the center of the universe. This makes the parents' job that much more difficult!

When do we outgrow being selfish? Do we outgrow being selfish?

We live in a society where "Me first" is the standard. Everyone wants what they want, when they want it, how they want it. Not very often do we look out for the other person, much less consider them as more important than ourselves. I mean, that is just unheard of!

I have been struggling with this issue, again. I pray every day that I will not be selfish but place the other person's interest above my own. As a new creature in Christ, I desire for the fruit of my life to be patience, joy and peace. I truly desire to be gracious and not selfish in all areas of my life, not just the ones presently before me. I have seen what manipulation looks like and I do not want to be a person that resorts to manipulation to get my way. Guilt trips are not the way either. It is so much sweeter when I pray about it and let God work it out for me, in His way, in His time. (It seems I'm always having to remind myself of that!) And He is always faithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!