What Happened to May?

May 5, 6, and 7 was recital weekend. This was Hannah's last recital, so it was rather special. I get so much pleasure from watching my girls dance. We attended the Friday night show because that is the one where the girls dance in most of the dances. During the intermission, Leah and Blake came over to where we were sitting. Surprise does not cover it! I had not called her to invite them or even let them know it was recital weekend. I figured they would not come, like last year, and honestly, I did not want to hear the "No, we are busy" like usual.

Come to find out, Deborah had asked her if they were going, since it was Hannah's senior recital! Before the show began, Hannah and Moriah had seen Leah and Blake when they arrived. Moriah said she cried when she saw them; Hannah was just so thankful they were there, she didn't care why or how!

May 10 was Leah's graduation from KSU with her degree in dance. She graduated Summa Cum Laude! She actually acted excited that we were there; she looked for us in the crowd and smiled every time she saw me with the camera! I am so very proud of her for setting her goal and working hard to reach it. Thankfully, David was able to be in town for the ceremony, but had to leave right after. After the ceremony, we went to dinner: Leah, Blake, Rebekah, Deborah, Amelia, Hannah, Moriah and myself. I could not have planned this better if I had tried! Thank you, Lord, for working it out so well.

Memorial Day weekend-Leah and Blake came over for lunch on Sunday. They had just gotten a new puppy, so they brought her over, too. I am not a dog person, much less an in-the-house dog person. But this was a special occasion, so I told Leah to bring the puppy and she could stay in the house while they were here. She is a beautiful puppy. If ever I were to think of giving in and becoming a dog person, this puppy would do the trick.

Deborah, Neal and Amelia came over on Monday to help with finishing the painting in the kitchen and for Deborah to help make the curtains. Actually, Deborah MADE the curtains. I just watched! We were trying to finish the kitchen project that was started back in February before June 4 when we were planning to have Hannah's graduation party. We grilled wings and burgers, ate, then headed for the pool.

This would be Amelia's first trip to the pool. Oh, so fun! She was a bit hesitant about the water at first, but she warmed up to it Okay. I think she will like it eventually. In any event, she was so cute in her little swimsuit!

So, May has come and gone. It was a very busy month, but a very good month. The change in Leah has been a welcome in all of our lives. I only pray it continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!