My daughter got married

Leah is married. The wedding was very sweet. The bride was beautiful. The weather was gorgeous. You couldn't have asked for a better day. And yet...

I have been learning for months now, that you can't control others actions; you can only control your own. No matter how painful another person's actions are toward you, you are only responsible for the way you act. The bottom line is you HAVE to leave it in God's hands. He uses all things to conform us to the image of His Son. Even, and especially the painful things.

I have learned a lot going through these past few months in preparation for Leah's wedding. I have learned when to speak and when to just say nothing. I have tried to do the right thing because it was the right thing to do, no matter how I "felt" about it. I have watched my husband struggle with a pain I cannot image for a father to endure. I have cried until I thought there could not be any more tears, and yet there were. Through it all, my constant prayer has been for my actions to be pleasing to my God. The words of 1 Corithians 13 have taken on a whole new meaning for me. I have repeatedly reminded myself that love does not act unbecomingly when I have wanted to vent. The words "love does not take into account a wrong suffered" have been in my face many times. Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth is a rock of truth for me.

At the end of the day, David and I were able to look back and say we did the right thing because we are her parents, we love her, and it was the right thing to do. We have nothing to be ashamed of nor anything to regret. We gave her the wedding she desired and we hope she was pleased. After all, she WAS a beautiful bride and the wedding was very sweet.

We made a lot of memories that day. We will never be able to go back and redo any of it, though. Unfortunately, neither will Leah. I can't help but wonder if she will ever look back and regret any of the choices she made. Even though she chose not to involve them, her family was there for her. Because they chose to do the right thing, regardless.

I love my daughter and I pray God's blessings on her new life. I pray God will do a work in her heart that only He can do. Time has a way of healing our hurts. And God's timing is always perfect. So, I rest in His plan for my life, as well as, His plan for her life. All we can do is trust Him.

Comments

  1. This post was unbelievably touching...what a wonderful example of a mother's love, and unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!