Playing Catch Up

Here it is June 2 and I haven't posted since April. I guess you could say that is a sign that I have been really busy. And I have been busy, but I could take the time to post on here. I think about it often during the day when I come across something I want to remember; but I don't seem to get it on here. So, I am going to make a mental challenge for myself to post at least something once a week.


A little catch up here:

  • In April we went to Savannah to celebrate Mom's birthday. Our schedule would not allow us to be there for her actual birthday, so we celebrated early. We were able to do some clean out at the house. There is still so much to be done. Mom allowed me to take her wedding china that she wanted me to have. We used it on Mother's Day!
  • May is recital month. This year was the first time the girls were allowed to wear real tutus. Moriah's pointe class had the privilege of borrowing some and the girls were absolutely beautiful!
  • Rebekah traveled to Abu Dhabi for a study abroad program in May. She was gone 18 days. She said she would go again if given the opportunity. Apparently the people in the hospital there were very excited to have the group and kept them busy every day they were in the hospital.
  • Leah traveled to Haiti over Memorial Day weekend to work with some orphanages. Her pictures of the children are precious. Some of the faces of these children are so sweet you just want to wrap your arms around them and love on them. I would think it would be rather difficult to minister to these children and not lose your heart to them in the process.
As we enter the month of June, Deborah is only 5 weeks away from her due date with Baby Parker #2. I have the privilege of going with her next week for an ultrasound. Amelia is growing and changing so fast it is hard to keep up with her. She is such a delight; she keeps us laughing most of the time. We just can't seem to get enough of her!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!