Life's not the breaths you take

"Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out, that gets you through the day. Ain't what it's all about. You just might miss the point, trying to win the race. Life's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

These are the words to a George Strait song. Every time I hear it, my eyes tear up. Because it is so very true. Yes, there are some things in my life I wish were different, but there are also some very special moments that do take my breath away.

The moment my husband walks in the door after a business trip and gives me the hug I've been waiting for all week; my daughters telling me good night at the end of the day and saying "I love you"; looking at my pregnant daughter's belly grow with my first grandchild; knowing God loves me and forgives me when I fail Him.

Life's full of moments that will take your breath away. Don't let life get in the way and miss them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!