Just Another Day of Learning

Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ has forgiven you.~Eph. 4:1-3, 31, 32

It seems I can't get away with anything. I begin to have thoughts and feelings of anger, bitterness, and resentment, then wham! I read God's Word and it's in my face. Be kind. Love one another. Forgive. Patience. And the biggy-walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called!

I really am glad God is faithful to me. Today I was headed down the pity-party path. With a lot of anger and frustration thrown in to make it interesting. But I sat down and opened my Bible and read the next devotion and there before my eyes was my guideline for today. Walk in a manner worthy. So, I guess that's it for the pity-party, not to mention the anger.

I guess the key is to remain teachable and allow God to use His word to guide not only your actions, but your thoughts. For me, most of the time the battle is in my head. And then it filters down into my heart. So, if left unchecked I can work up a real good fury before I know it. I don't like being angry. It affects everyone around me. And it messes up my insides, too. According to my wonderful chiropractor, it also shows up in my back being out of alignment.

Tomorrow is another day. Another day to experience the faithfulness of God. Another day to allow His Holy Spirit in me to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which I have been called. I also want to be worthy of His grace and mercy in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!