My Week of Therapy

It's here! The week of church camp for the girls is my week to catch up on my scrapbooking. I look forward to these 4 days every year. I know some people think I'm nuts to spend 4 whole days (and at times all night) putting pictures in a scrapbook, but I really enjoy it. I am usually behind (this year I'm working on 2008). It is fun to remember what was happening in our family by looking at the pictures. It is also interesting to see how my girls have grown and changed.

Among some of the fun events from '08 were Gran's 80th birthday and the Riverboat Cruise we took her on. That summer we all spent a week at the beach in St. George, Florida. There were 10 of us including Gran, Deborah and Neal, and Leah's then boyfriend, Blake. Our friends David and Terry Thompson were invited to join us, but at the last minute Terry couldn't go. David and their daughter, Rachel, did spend the week with us. Our friends, Ted and Cindy Boone, were a few houses down the beach from us. It was a very good week, including the storm and poweroutages! That was the year of the Summer Olympics in China, so when we had power we watched. (I bought everyone Olympics t-shirts/sweatshirts for Christmas!)

We had a Dooley family reunion at Barbara and Harry's and the annual Anderson reunion in Statesboro. And of course, there's always dance recital and egg coloring pictures. What year would be complete without the typical Thanksgiving and Christmas pictures. Each year it seems I take the same pictures, with different clothes and hair lengths!

Doing this is therapy for me! I hope one day my family will look back at these albums that I have put together for them and realize the love I had/have for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!