My Day in Savannah

We are in Savannah and it is thundering with lightning. I just love a real good storm. I hope it rains buckets for hours. It's starting to rain. Oh, good, now the electricity has gone out. This keeps getting better and better. I could so easily close my eyes and go to sleep right now. David and Hannah both are doing just that. I love listening to the sound of a storm while I try to go to sleep.

Had lunch with Mom, Gayle, and Cynthia today. It was supposed to be a girls' lunch, but we let Daddy join us. You know, it really is true; you don't appreciate things/people until you don't have it/them all the time. I didn't use to enjoy spending time with my sisters; now I wish I had the opportunity to have lunch with them every week. And Mom and Dad, I really need to spend more time with them. Mom has fallen and has a black eye. It looks awful. Daddy just sits there most of the time, unaware of what anyone is talking about. He can't hear well which is part of the reason. I don't think I like them getting older.

The storm is over. It didn't last near long enough. Hannah is still asleep, but David is awake. He and his mom are having a disagreement about taxes. I stay away from those discussions (and laugh at them!).

Dinner with Mom and Daddy. Mexican. After dinner we go spend some time with them at their house, the house I grew up in. Well, sort of the house I grew up in. It has changed a lot since I lived there. When I was growing up, the house had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a den, a living room and a kitchen. Now it has 3 bedrooms (only 1 is actually used as a bedroom though), 2 baths, a den that is now called the living room, a living room now called the den, a dining room of sorts, a kitchen with eat in area, a sun porch, a screened porch, a deck, and a workshop. When I lived there we had 1 TV and 1 phone. Now, 4 TVs, and 5-6 phones. There were 6 of us living in that house then; now 2 live there! Go figure!!! Anyway, we spend a couple of hours talking and sharing memories. Mom and Dad told me things about their early life together I never heard before. I had a very enjoyable evening.

Well, I have resigned myself to the fact that I have to make more trips to see my parents. Daddy must have told the same story 3 times. And Mom, even though she doesn't think she does, told me the same piece of information 4 times. But this trip is coming to a close. We will go home in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!