Feeling Like a Poem

I love poetry. When the girls were school age, I used to love to take out my big book of Favorite Poems and let them pick out poems and I would pick out poems; sometimes they would even illustrate some of the poems. One year, Leah put together a whole book of poems that she composed herself. Yes, I still have it!

Today is sunny and the birds are singing in the trees. There is a gentle breeze blowing. And I am feeling nostalgic, so I once again turn to my big book of Favorite Poems.

Who Has Seen The Wind
~Christina Rossetti

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads, 
The wind is passing by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!