End of month of Thanks

Another November has come to an end. I tried this year to think of something every day for which I am thankful. I know we should be thankful every day all year, but people seem to concentrate more on thankfulness during November. So, as the month comes to its end, I want to try to express some of the things/people I am most thankful for, now and all through the year.

First, of course, is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful He chose me to be His child and offered me the gift of salvation. I am forever awed by the sacrifice He made to redeem mankind.

I am extremely thankful for my husband, David. After 31 years of marriage I still find it hard to believe sometimes that he loves me and chose me for his wife. The man is amazing. He is the most intelligent person I know, and he is spending life with me! Shocking! 

My children:
Our Rebekah is unique. She loves helping people. I guess that is why she wants to be a nurse. I am thankful for her and the way God has given her such a heart for others. Sometimes I am confused by her, but I love her and her interesting way of doing/seeing things.

Deborah is unbelievable. She is raising the 2 most adorable little girls that I love more than words can express. Even with the busyness of motherhood, she still manages to plan events such as weddings, ladies retreats, church conferences, and so much more. I am thankful she is using the talents and abilities God has blessed her with to bless so many others.

I am thankful God gave us Leah. We don't get to see her very much since she has moved to Louisiana, but hopefully she and Blake will be back in Georgia for good one day. We are not as close as I would like, but all in God's time and in His way.

Hannah is such a beautiful person. I am so very thankful for this sweet child, who is becoming a lovely young woman. She has the most tender heart of anyone I know. I believe God is going to use her in blessing many people's lives. This year she publicly professed her faith in Jesus Christ as her Lord. It was one of the highlights of our year.

My sweet Moriah is sometimes a little girl, sometimes a young woman wanting to get out. At times she wants her mommy and the next minute she looks at me like I came from Mars! Teenagers! She also publicly professed her faith in Jesus as her Lord this year and followed in believer's baptism. I am thankful God blessed us with Moriah.

I am thankful for my parents. They are getting older - aren't we all? - and their health is not very good these days. But they are always so glad to see us when we get to Savannah, even for a short visit and I am thankful I can bring them some joy.

With Mom and Dad getting older, I am more and more thankful for my 3 sisters than I ever thought possible. They share the responsibility of helping Mom and Dad out, as well as caring for their own families and jobs. It is not easy and I am very grateful to them for not pressuring me to be there more than I can be.

I have the best mother-in-law in the world. I am so very thankful for Gran. She has truly been a blessing in my life. Her age is starting to show now, also, and I pray I am able to show her even a small amount of the care she has shown me over the years.

There are numerous people in my life that I can not even begin to mention here - it would go on for pages! However, I am thankful for every person God has brought into my life and how they bless me. It is my prayer that I will be a blessing to my family and those I love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!