The coming of Spring

Well, it's definitely warm outside. The trees are budding; the flowers are beginning to bloom. The birds are singing and the bees are buzzing. I like the newness and freshness of spring. I just do not exactly enjoy the thought that warm weather leads to hot weather. The Atlanta temperatures lately have been breaking records with these 80+ degree temperatures. I like the cool temperatures. This is one of those areas where my husband and I are opposites. His definition of winter is anything below 70 degrees! He actually likes to be hot. These days I carry around my own source of heat so when the temperature is warm - well, let's just say it can be really hot.

One thing about the spring that I do enjoy is the flowers. There seems to be color everywhere! I would really like to be one of those people that enjoys working outside in a garden/flower bed. I would plant lots of beautiful flowers of various colors and sizes and varieties. I would watch them impatiently until they were in full bloom, filling the flower bed with an explosion of color. But, unfortunately, I am not one of those people. The closest I get is buying a bouquet of cut flowers at Wal-Mart for the dining room table.

Another thing that makes the coming of spring obvious is that everything turns yellow for a couple of weeks. That's right - pollen. Forget washing it off your car; an hour later you have a yellow car again. Pollen also brings out those allergies. I feel for people who suffer from allergies due to pollen. I'm sure they dread the coming of spring. And that is a real shame.

Warm weather also brings out bugs. Honestly, I do not understand why God created bugs. I know His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, but bugs?! Any bug - roaches, ants, spiders, crickets... You name it. Thank goodness for Orkin!

The coming of spring is also when we go through a lot of clothes changing. You know, you put one thing on in the morning and by noon you change into something more for the warm temperature; then in the evening it's cool again, so you put back on the pants you first put on that morning. It's also time to rearrange your closet, but you can't put the long-sleeves totally away just yet.

Right now I think I will go get myself another glass of ice water, go sit out on the screened porch and enjoy the beautiful, warm afternoon. Maybe read for a little while. Rest assured though, as soon as I start getting hot, I'm back inside with the AC!

Comments

  1. I have been debating this week whether it's too soon to pack up the winter clothes!! It seems that summer has come early. Sigh. I try so hard to be a garden person, oh so hard. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!