Respectable Sins Chapter Seven

Pg. 53
A person may be a nice, respectable citizen and still be an ungodly person.
Ungodliness describes an attitude toward God, while unrighteousness refers to sinful actions in thought, word, or deed.

Pg. 54
Ungodliness may be defined as living one's everyday life with little or no thought of God, or of God's will, or of God's glory, or of one's dependence on God.

Pg. 56
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." The all of that sentence includes every activiy of our days... Everything we do is to be done to the glory of God.

Pg. 57
First, I desire that all that I do be pleasing to God. I want God to be pleased with the way I go about the ordinary activities of my day.

Pg. 58
The question we should honestly and humbly ask is, "How ungody am I?" How much of my life do I live without any regard for God?

Pg. 60
Our goal in the pursuit of godliness should be to grow more in our conscious awareness that every moment of our lives is lived in the presence of God; that we are responsible to Him and dependent on Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!