Turning 50

50. I'm not exactly sure how I like this number yet. I do like when people tell me I don't look 50, or when they say they hope they look as good when they get to 50. If I only live to be in my 80s, I have already lived over half my life. Now, that is not something I wish to dwell on right now!

David's work schedule had him out of town for my birthday. So, we decided to celebrate the weekend before. I told him all I wanted for my birthday was to have all my family go out to dinner to a very nice restaurant we would not normally go to. In other words, an expensive one!! After all, I took him to Aruba when he turned 50! We went to the Sun Dial Restaurant atop the Westin Hotel in Atlanta. It is one of those restaurants that rotates around the building. It was just about dusk when we arrived, so we were able to see the city during daylight and then watch the sunset and see the city in all its lights. All of the girls, and spouses, were able to join us, so I got what I asked for! And the food was very good as well. I ate lamb, something else I would not normally do.

On my actual birthday, a sweet friend treated me to coffee that morning. She didn't realize it was my birthday until I told her I bought myself a birthday present. She was afraid she had missed it, so I told her it was actually that day. She was really glad she had treated me after that!

Deborah had us over for dinner that night. She had made a "Nifty 50" banner and baked me a cake. Chocolate, of course! Actually 2 layers of chocolate with a layer of yellow in between. It goes without saying she used chocolate icing!!! The girls gave me a heart charm for my Pandora bracelet. That was a very sweet surprise.

David called me first thing the morning of my birthday. Understand, he usually only calls at night. If he calls during the day, my first thought is something is wrong. So, this was a treat. He knew the girls and I had plans to go to the outlet mall the next day, so he told me to spend money and get myself something nice. He can call first thing in the morning any time!

I guess I can say I had a nice birthday. I'm still not too sure about the way it sounds, "I'm 50." But at least I have my health, and a family that loves me. Now that really sounded old! But I AM very thankful for my family and my health, especially after my earlier health issue this year. In truth, God has richly blessed me and I pray I never take any of it for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 20, 2023

I Love Fall!